Exposure 0.8 includes the following updates:
- JSON as alternate input source – Exposure now supports an alternate input source using the new jsonSource option. This option can be used in three different ways. You can either pass it a JSON object, a JSON formatted string or an URL that points to a JSON source (in this case Exposure uses AJAX to fetch the data). For more details see “Docs“. Learn more about the JSON format.
- Create thumbnail from large image if missing – When a thumbnail is missing Exposure will now by default create a thumbnail from the larger version of the image. Learn more about the updated behavior in the updated “Docs” section.
- Thumbnail preloading – Thumbnails will now also be preloaded one page ahead (but not when using “Carousel mode”).
- French translation added – Exposure is now translated to French! Big thanks to Gaël! (Chinese and Japanese translations still wanted though.)
- Better page transition support – onPageChanged callback option behavior has been changed to enable better support for page transition. An example can be seen in Demo 1.
- New onCarousel callback option – onCarousel can be used to add transition effects when browsing through a carousel gallery. See Demo 4 for an example.
- New demo added – New demo added that uses a different layout and uses it’s own custom thumbnail navation.
- Key events mapping changed – Key events are now trigger “on key up” instead of “on key down” (to prevent holding down the right or left arrow to crash the gallery).
- New public getter functions for current page and image – You can now use currentPage() and currentImage() to access the current page and image.
- Cleaned up unused markup – Exposure will no longer generate unused markup (e.g. no thumbnails container when showThumbs is set to false).
- Demo 4 fixed – Fixed a syntax error in Demo 4.
- Demo 3 fixed – Fixed problem with thumbnails not properly fading out.
- Demo 2 fixed – Fixed a misspelt variable name in Demo 2.
Support the Exposure project:
Edit: The download link for the zip version was initially broken, but it has been fixed now.