Exposure 1.0 is now Beta!
Yes it’s true! I finally got around to completing the last few remaining parts of the 1.0 Beta. The main new feature is of course the ability to include several Exposure galleries per page (the by far most requested feature)! This feature required a major rewrite of the plugin which has brought some big changes to the API. All the demos in the Beta package have been updated to reflect these changes, and I’ve also added a new seventh demo showing the new multiple albums feature. I will update the Docs as soon as possible, in the meantime I hope that the demos will help guide you, and if you have any questions you can always post them here.
Please download the new 1.0 Beta release and help me test it. All feedback and bug reports are helpful!
Download Exposure 1.0b1
Exposure now speaks Chinese!
Exposure now speaks its first Asian language! Many thanks to NaziCP for this contribution!
Download Simplified Chinese translation
Posted: June 7, 2011 in Exposure updates
Tags: 1.0, Exposure
Just posting to let you know that I’m still here. I’m currently working on the 1.0 version of Exposure, which will include support for the most asked for feature – multiple galleries per page! The 1.0 version will be a major rewrite of the plugin, which is why it’s taking so long. As soon as I have a beta version for you to try I will post it here.
Exposure now speaks 13 languages! Big thanks to Martin for contributing with the Czech localization.
Download Czech translation
Exposure 0.9.1 contains fixes for the following bugs:
- AdBlock extension for Chrome/Safari blocks viewing of images – I was finally able to come up with a workaround for the bug described in this old blog post.
- Thumbnails list changing height when switching page – All thumbnail containers should now get their height set properly. I had to modify the default behavior of the onPageChanged callback function. See the updated demo 1.
- Fullscreen mode doesn’t properly center images in the window – The main image is now properly centered.
- Fullscreen mode doesn’t respect borders and margins of the target element – Fullscreen mode now takes the border, margin, and padding of both the target element and the main image when calculating the maximum size of the image.
Support the Exposure project:
Posted: March 18, 2011 in Exposure updates
Tags: 0.9, Catalan, Dutch, Exposure, full screen, Greek, jQuery, jQuery 1.5.1, jQuery plugins, localization, modal window
Exposure is now ready for the big screen
I’m happy to introduce the next version of Exposure! This update is one of the biggest yet, and we’re getting close to 1.0! The update includes a bunch of new features and improvements. It’s been available for download for a few days already but I wanted to complete all of the documentation before officially announcing it. Now that I’m finally done with the that, here it is!
Exposure 0.9 includes the following updates:
- Dynamic resizing added – You can now set maxWidth and maxHeight options to define a maximum size for the images in your galleries. Larger images will be downscaled. You can also use the new stretchToMaxSize option to stretch smaller images to the fixed maximum size.
- Full screen and modal window support added – Exposure now has the ability to run in full screen mode by enabling the fullScreen option, if you feed it images that are large enough, or combine it with the stretchToMazSize option. For smaller images the fullScreen mode can be used to create a modal window slideshow. For an example of this see the new demo. I’ve also added two new callback options, one for entering full screen mode and one for leaving it.
- Customized paging links – Use the new onPagingLink callback option to create your own customized paging links. Learn more in the documentation.
- Browse pages separately – Use the new separatePageBrowsing option to make it possible to flip through the pages off the gallery without updating the image being shown.
- Dynamically remove a specific image – Since version 0.6 you have been able to dynamically remove all the images inside the gallery in order to rebuild it. Now you can also remove individual images.
- Don’t automatically show first image – The new viewFirstImage option turns off the automatic showing of the first image in the gallery.
- Bundled with jQuery 1.5.1 – Exposure is now bundled with the latest version of jQuery.
- New demo added – Demo 6 displays some of the new features of Exposure 0.9, including modal window support and not automatically showing the first image.
- Greek localization added – Exposure now speaks Greek. Big thanks to Alex!
- Dutch localization added – Exposure now speaks Dutch. Big thanks to Andilo!
- Catalan localization added – Exposure now speaks Catalan. Big thanks to Xavi!
- Minor slideshow controls improvements – Fixed problem with “show slideshow” not disappearing when setting enableSlideshow to false.
Support the Exposure project:
Exposure now speaks Catalan
I just received the 12th Exposure translation. Big thanks to Xavi for contributing with the Catalan localization.
Download Catalan translation